SOLVED

WebApp: SSL cert change can trigger WebApp ip change ?

Copper Contributor

Hello Team,

Web Application deployed in S1 app service plan. I have read on the documentation (

Exam Ref 70-532 Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions) that:

"Deleting and re-adding the SSL certificate" "will likely yield a new IP address for the website".

Why ? Is looks like a very undesirable behavior. Could you please confirm this ?

Thanks,

Michal

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Michal Garcarz (Copper Contributor)
Solution

adding certificates to the app service plan will not trigger anything, however chaing the binding to you web app could result in a new IP, but you can choose static on the web app.

Capture.PNG

But unless you are using a root domain name like mydomain.com, then i would suggest you not use static ip and use CNAME instead, as long as its a sub domain like myapp.mydomain.com then you can use CNAME. Remeber to keep the DNS TTL low when using cname.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Michal Garcarz (Copper Contributor)
Solution

adding certificates to the app service plan will not trigger anything, however chaing the binding to you web app could result in a new IP, but you can choose static on the web app.

Capture.PNG

But unless you are using a root domain name like mydomain.com, then i would suggest you not use static ip and use CNAME instead, as long as its a sub domain like myapp.mydomain.com then you can use CNAME. Remeber to keep the DNS TTL low when using cname.

View solution in original post