SOLVED

WARNING: Since the VM is created using premium storage, existing standard storage account,

Brass Contributor

Hi all,

i am following the link below to create the VM on free trial subscription.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/windows/tutorial-manage-vm

But getting below warning while VM is being created.

WARNING: Since the VM is created using premium storage, existing standard storage account, XXXXX,is used for boot diagnostics.

Can anyone pl advice.

Regards,

5 Replies
best response confirmed by Suhag Desai (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

When you create a VM if you enable diagnostics you have to specify a storage account. In this case if you doesn't specify a SA it will create a storage account for you or select any existing storage account.  

Thanks

Hi,

Can you pl let me know how to and where to declare the storage account. i want VM to use the storage account which was already created.

Regards

Hi,

Can you pl let me know how to and where to declare the storage account. i want VM to use the storage account which was already created.

Regards

i think, i got it

$vm=Set-AzureRmVMBootDiagnostics-VM$vm-Enable-ResourceGroupName$RGname-StorageAccountName$stDiagName

Thanks for your help

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Suhag Desai (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

When you create a VM if you enable diagnostics you have to specify a storage account. In this case if you doesn't specify a SA it will create a storage account for you or select any existing storage account.  

Thanks

View solution in original post