Use 'Connect-AzAccount' command of PowerShell in C#

Copper Contributor

I want to connect to Azure the same way I log in using Powershell commands. Since I have not found any API to do that with .NET, I thought that a good idea would be to execute PS scripts with.NET.

I have already installed the Powershell for azure on my laptop

Install-Module -Name Az -AllowClobber

I also tried to use the 'Connect-AzAccount' command just with the Windows Powershell of my PC and it works fine.

So, I tried the following in Visual Studio:

namespace AzureTestVM
{
    class Program
    {

static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            PowerShell ps = PowerShell.Create().AddCommand("Connect-AzAccount");
            ps.Invoke();
        }
    }
}

The problem is that I get the following error :

Unhandled Exception: System.Management.Automation.CmdletInvocationException: Method 'get_SerializationSettings' on type' Microsoft.Azure.Management.Internal.Resources.ResourceManagementClient 'of assembly' Microsoft.Azure.PowerShell.Clients.ResourceManager, Version = 1.0. 0.0, Culture = neutral,
PublicKeyToken = 31bf3856ad364e35 'does not have an implementation. ---> System.TypeLoadException: Method 'get_SerializationSettings' on type'
Microsoft.Azure.Management.Internal.Resources.ResourceManagementClient 'of assembly' Microsoft.Azure.PowerShell.Clients.ResourceManager, Version = 1.0.0.0, Culture = neutral,
PublicKeyToken = 31bf3856ad364e35 'does not have an implementation.

0 Replies