SOLVED

Troubleshooting - Unable to delete Recovery Services Vault?/Can't delete Azure Backup Vault?

Microsoft

You may receive " Vault deletion error Vault: 'Vault name' cannot be deleted as there are existing resources within the vault. Please delete any replicated items, registered servers, Hyper-V sites (Used for Site Recovery), policy associations for System Center VMM clouds (Used for Site Recovery) and then delete the vault." when trying to remove the azure recovery services vault. Most of the Vault deletion errors that we encounter at support are due to the dependency resources exist in the vault.

Please follow the steps metnioned in below articles to resolve this issue.

If you testing the product, want to rapidly delete the vault and not concerned about data loss, then you can use force delete method to remove vault and all its dependencies. 

11 Replies

Hello,

I'm unable to delete Recovery Services Vault because I can't delete ressources in the vault.

"On the Backup Items blade, right-click the item, and from the context menu, select Stop backup.":

On right click I just see "Pin to Dashboard"

Please Help Me!

Hello,

I'm unable to delete Recovery Services Vault because I can't delete ressources in the vault.

"On the Backup Items blade, right-click the item, and from the context menu, select Stop backup.":

On right click I just see "Pin to Dashboard"

Please Help Me!

I also am unable to remove the backup agents. I do not get any option other than Pin to dashboard for the Backup Items (Azure Backup Agent) TAB. Then if I try to delete the Protected Server, I enter the name of the server, but the DELETE function is always greyed out. Therefore I can't do anything. It's been a few months that I have been getting charged for a service that I'm not using. Today I will try to forcibly remove using powershell ! crossing fingers !

at last removed it !

I cannot delete anything on the Backup Items (Azure Backup Agent) list.

When trying to delete the server when I click the delete button it asks me to confirm, by typing the name of the server, and then when I click ok on the form it closes and nothing else happens.

best response confirmed by OrinThomas (Microsoft)
Solution

I've done it...

To delete an item on the Backup Items (Azure Backup Agent) list you have to go through a different route...

After select the Recovery Service vault, instead of going to the "Protected Items"/"Backup Items" go to "Manage"/"Backup Infrastructure" then select the Protected Servers. There select "Azure Backup Agent" and finally the Protected Server to delete.

Azure... it really drain the life out of me.

@Goncalo Redondo 

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

@davidelee 

The best answer to delete your vault in below link.  We can delete it from Manage Settings.

https://pureinfotech.com/delete-backup-azure/

well infact there are no resources in the vault. It's been 3 hours the delete process is on. 

@Kamalakar Kamsani 

Thanks, @Goncalo Redondo!
It´s really worked for me.
Thank you Goncalo!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by OrinThomas (Microsoft)
Solution

I've done it...

To delete an item on the Backup Items (Azure Backup Agent) list you have to go through a different route...

After select the Recovery Service vault, instead of going to the "Protected Items"/"Backup Items" go to "Manage"/"Backup Infrastructure" then select the Protected Servers. There select "Azure Backup Agent" and finally the Protected Server to delete.

Azure... it really drain the life out of me.

View solution in original post