SOLVED

Someone else is still using this PC. If you shut down now, they could loss unsaved work

Brass Contributor

Hi All,

After testing connecting devices to our Azure AD network using MS Intune and Azure Conditional Access we are having issues with the devices. 

We can successfully connect to the Azure AD network, but when the device user restarts or shuts down their device they get a "Someone else is still using this PC. If you shut down now, they could loss unsaved work" warning. Even when we have completely disconnect the device from the Azure AD network they still get the warning.

We are currently testing Intune and Azure Conditional Access. What we can not understand is why we would get this warning even after the device has disconnected from the Azure AD network.

Has anyone on the beautiful planet called Earth, any idea why this is happening?

I hope you can help
Courtney

1 Reply
best response confirmed by C Edwards (Brass Contributor)
Solution

That warning doesn't have anything to do with Azure AD or Intune.  It just means there is another user with a active session on the machine.

It happen when you have multiple users login into the same machine, I get that on my home PC because each kid has their on login.  :)

To prevent it users will have to logout of every session when they are done. I also believe you can setup session timeout.

Hope this helps.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by C Edwards (Brass Contributor)
Solution

That warning doesn't have anything to do with Azure AD or Intune.  It just means there is another user with a active session on the machine.

It happen when you have multiple users login into the same machine, I get that on my home PC because each kid has their on login.  :)

To prevent it users will have to logout of every session when they are done. I also believe you can setup session timeout.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post