First want to say hi to everyone, i am new to the community.
I try the template and install ethereum blockchain with one transaction node and two miner nodes. so far so good, i can use metamask to send around but i have few questions, please help
1. From the admin page, i only can see number node and send 1000 ether to address, where can i see those information about transactions, how the network doing....
2. How can control the number of ether for the network? from the admin page i can send ether to any address. From blockchain, this should be fixed right? if i am admin, i can send to anyone then it seems a bit weird and noone will trust my network.
3. With this setup, how can we know the maximum throughput that the network can take? how many transactions it can process?
4. Let say i build my application and business on it, later i want to add more nodes to the network. will the process will be straighforward and easy?
5. I cannot find the cost for this set up. I draftly know should be cost for those virtual machines but any other cost that will be charged?
1) Currently we do not have a web dashboard that shows transaction analytics. We have a work item to add an EthStats dashboard to consortium deployments, which would look like this: https://ethstats.net/ . Would that be helpful?
2) Ether in a consortium context is only useful insofar as it is used for gas to power smart contracts on the network. In our template, a very large amount of ether is allocated in the genesis block and used to pay arbitrary accounts for gas purposes.
3) Transaction throughput is highly dependent on the types of transactions being sent on the network - deploying a large smart contract is more resource-intensive than a simple ether transfer. That being said, with the default block gas limit, you can probably expect throughput of 7 to 20 transactions per second.
4) We recommend the use of the Ethereum Multi-Member Blockchain template for scenarios where expanding the number of nodes or participants is needed. The multi-member template will easily allow you to spin up new nodes and join them to your existing network.
5) The VMs are the main cost you will incur with our template. There is also a load balancer, but the cost of this resource is very small compared to the cost of the VMs.