Routing traffic over Azure VPN

Brass Contributor

I've got the Azure VPN configured and working.  We have a website that only allows connections from our company network in azure.  I am trying to see if I can just route the traffic to the site over the vpn connection when users are connected and when I have the routes in place the traffic does seem to go over the VPN connection but can't reach the destination.

Is there a way I can resolve this?  Ideally we'd just like to have all traffic over the VPN, but that doesn't seem to be an option.  I'm just not sure what I'm missing trying to route this specific traffic.  

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies

@Matthew Shulman 

Hi Matthew;

Are you using Azure Web App? Did you configure vnet integration or private link? 

Best? 

No, the application is an external web app that is hosted on AWS. We just want to access it from across the vpn so it comes from our Azure external IP range and that can be whitelisted. I tried using the app proxy with it, but the way the page is coded prevented that from working as well.
As far as i understand the architecture, if you write Ip address of web site to Local Network Gateway, your traffic originated from Azure Vnet can reach the destination over VPN tunnel.