Questions about VNET and 2 different App Service Plans

Copper Contributor

Hello Community, i have some questions and maybe i don't understand something about vnetting in Azure. I have 1 VNET in my resource group with 2 subnets.

I have also a App Service Plan S1 with windows (There is running a app service) for the frontend and a second App Service Plan S1 with Linux with 3 Function Apps for the Backend.

For the Frontend (Windows App Service Plan) i have added in the networking section an IP restriction for my IP so the public internet access is disabled. The 3 Function Apps should only be able to communicate with the Frontend AppService and the ServiceTag AzureDevOps. Right now the 3 function apps are public in the internet. (Security issues!)

How can i configure the VNET? I've already tried to:

Windows Frontend App Service --> Outbound Traffic VNET to SubNet1

Linux Plan Function Apps --> Inbound Traffic Allow to SubNet1, Outbound Traffic VNET to SubNet2 (SubNet1 is greyed out so i have to choose the second subnet. But it should not be the problem because every subnet in the same vnet can talk to each other right?!)

After i configured this i get some CORS Errors when i open the frontend app like this: (Without the networking config i get no errors because function apps are public then) .... has been blocked by CORS policy: Response to preflight request doesn't pass access control check: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.

What i have to do?

1 Reply

@Bloody-Ninja 

Hello! You've posted your question in the Tech Community Discussion space, which is intended for discussion around the Tech Community website itself, not product questions. I'm moving your question to the Azure space - please post Azure questions here in the future.