SOLVED

Problem with access users AD local to Azure Files

Brass Contributor

Hello, Azure files is joined to my domain. I migrated my share folder to Azure Files.
I mounted this folder in a VM as a drive and allowed a group to connect to it.

cap1.pngcap2.png

But using a user from this Active Directory group, it doesn't work

Help please?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by hamma91 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi if the storage account is joined to the dmain and the users of the same domain has the right access you should verify your firewall rules.

By right access i mean one of the access below : 

• Firstly, Storage File Data SMB Share Reader that allows read access in Azure Storage file shares over SMB.
  • Secondly, Storage File Data SMB Share Contributor that allows read, write, and delete access in Azure Storage file shares over SMB.
  • Lastly, Storage File Data SMB Share Elevated Contributor that allows read, write, delete and modify NTFS permissions in Azure Storage file shares over SMB.

Then verify : 

net use <desired-drive-letter>: \\<storage-account-name>.file.core.windows.net\<share-name>

thank you so much
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by hamma91 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi if the storage account is joined to the dmain and the users of the same domain has the right access you should verify your firewall rules.

By right access i mean one of the access below : 

• Firstly, Storage File Data SMB Share Reader that allows read access in Azure Storage file shares over SMB.
  • Secondly, Storage File Data SMB Share Contributor that allows read, write, and delete access in Azure Storage file shares over SMB.
  • Lastly, Storage File Data SMB Share Elevated Contributor that allows read, write, delete and modify NTFS permissions in Azure Storage file shares over SMB.

Then verify : 

net use <desired-drive-letter>: \\<storage-account-name>.file.core.windows.net\<share-name>

View solution in original post