Managing Alerts in resource groups

Iron Contributor

I was under the impression that with the new Alert experience, I would be able to save Alert Rules in a resource group and those with access to that resource group would see those alerts and only those alerts. Unless I'm missing something, that does NOT seem to be the case.

For example, I have a Resource Group called "Alerting" and Bob has access to this Resource Group. I create 10 Alert Rules with a target of Log Analytics in a different Resource Group. Bob should only be able to see only the Alert Rules I created in the "Alerting" resource group. 

Can someone confirm for me that this is the expected behavior? If this is the case, are there plans to allow this type of functionality?

1 Reply

On the matter of seeing the alert rules you've created, someone with access to view the Alert rules will see all the alert rules that have been configured for all resource groups, whether they have access to those resources or not. As far as I know there are no resource permission checks or filtering at that level.

I don't believe there is a resource permissions check at the notification step either. 

Do your Alert rules all include a notification action group that Bob belongs to?