Lot of information! - How to interconnect?

Copper Contributor

I have recently started analysing Blockchain as a service and found it's very interesting. But, I am not able to interconnect these information's.

1) What is difference between Ethereum Consortium Blockchain template and STRATO Blockchain Individual Instance template? What are the use cases for above templates?

2) What is Ethereum Consortium Leader and Ethereum Consortium member? Where does it fit?

3) I have setup Truffle and visual studio code but how it will connect to my resources in Azure? [There are many resources got created while selelcting thereum Consortium Blockchain template]

So, Kindly help me to fill the gap.

3 Replies

Great questions. Here are the answers:

1) What is difference between Ethereum Consortium Blockchain template and STRATO Blockchain Individual Instance template? What are the use cases for above templates?

The Ethereum Consortium solution leverages plain GO Ethereum as the underlying blockchain stack and allows users to create a multi-node network. BlockApps provides a higher level wrapper on blockchain, which makes it easier to develop and work with blockchain. That said, currently BlockApps solution only deploys to one node. I recommend a one node solution when first developing and testing blockchain. Move to multi-node when your solution is further along.

2) What is Ethereum Consortium Leader and Ethereum Consortium member? Where does it fit?

The leader and member solutions are meant to be used when you are trying to create a network across subscriptions. For example, if you are trying to create a consortium network across organizations. These solutions should only be used when your solution is in pre-production or production phase. The leader solution should be deployed first. The member solution is used to add members to the network. 

3) I have setup Truffle and visual studio code but how it will connect to my resources in Azure? [There are many resources got created while selelcting thereum Consortium Blockchain template]

I recommend starting out with a single node solution to try things out. Should be easier to understand all the various parts. 

Thanks for detailed information. Appreciated. 

I have created instance in Azure by selecting STRATO blockchain individual Instance. It has created below resources and dashboard

• 2 Virtual machines
  • Public IP
  • NSG
  • Storage
  • Network Interface

but I am stuck here. How can I create smart contracts or deploy smart contracts? I think, I can use Solidity to create smart contracts but how do I connect/deploy it to Azure?

Can I get some step by step article? 

I recommend taking a look at http://developers.blockapps.net/dashboard. BlockApps has some good documentation on how to get started.