IPv6 Deployment in Azure

Copper Contributor

Hello!

I am using Azure Services based in India and Datacenter in India and Southeast Asia. Currently all my VM and Site to Site connectivity are on IPv4. Due to compliance now I want to move from IPv4 to IPv6. I need to get started on deploying IPv6. Need help on how to deploy and what are do's & don't.

4 Replies

Hi Jay, and welcome!

Have you looked at this support documentation yet? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/load-balancer/load-balancer-ipv6-overview

cc: @Daniel Martins- do you know the right person to tag? Thanks!

Thanks for your question, Jay. IPv6 for Azure VMs is available now in most Azure regions, India has coverage according to the Availability of IPv6 by region list.

You can find more information at Overview of IPv6 for Azure Load Balancer | Microsoft Azure, the Details and Limitations section maybe your best starting points for the Dos and Don`ts.

You can also learn how to deploy a load balancer with IPv6 with these links: 

Cheers!

Thanks for the info.

As the links mention that we cannot give IPv6 directly to VM. There should be compulsory load balancer in between. This limitation is sometime not acceptable for some customers who fall under certain compliance.
Thanks for the info.

As the links mention that we cannot give IPv6 directly to VM. There should be compulsory load balancer in between. This limitation is sometime not acceptable for some customers who fall under certain compliance.

Thank You!
Jay Gosar.