How to retrieve transaction details from data block in the blockchain via Azure Blockchain Workbench

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have setup a use case of supply chain blockchain sample application in Azure Blockchain Workbench.  However, if I want to demonstrate the transaction of hash chain for proof of concept, how can I retrieve transaction details from data block in the blockchain via Azure Blockchain Workbench?

Please advice.

Regards,

Wilson

10 Replies

@wilsonclwong In the Activity view, click on the transaction you care about. In the pane, you will see the Transaction hash. 

@Zeyad Rajabi- it is easy to see transaction details from workbench app, as those details are retrieved from SQL instance.

Question: how to retrieve transaction(s) details directly from ethereum on Azure?

ps: could I sent request to rpc_endpoint? 

I am troubled as provisioned ethereum VMs has private ip(s) only.

Like the one: http://10.0.xxx.xxx:8540

@Elkhan Yusubov We close down the IP for security, but you can manually open it up again. Note, if you do so you are exposing your endpoint to the internet. 

@Zeyad RajabiThanks for quick response.

Currently, I am experiencing issues on workbench app, after Ethereum VMs (2) are restarted.

Error on workbench app says:

"This may take some time. Your administrator can use RequestId 11df8762-9b99-4eea-a2d7-abb6c67b482a to look up details in Application Insights. Learn more."

How to resolve above error issues?

ps: I see errors in application insight (attached screen-shot):

Hi Elkan, to answer your question around exposing that RPC endpoint publicly, I'm directing you to Azure Networking documentation for best and most up to date guidance - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-network/virtual-network-service-endpoints-overview Hope this helps!

@Elkhan Yusubov Thanks for sharing details. It looks like some of the Workbench services may not be working properly. Can you try restarting the workbench VM? (not the blockchain network VMs)

@Zeyad Rajabi@Brenda Lee  How can I access the transaction data programatically(via APIs)?

Hi @wilsonclwong ,

After configuring Azure blockchain workbench .SQL database will also be created in resources. You may login to sql database with credentials you have provided at time of configuring Azure workbench and can see transaction details.

To capture those transaction to trigger any event you may also use logic app connector.

thank you

Asif

Yes via apis and ethereum connector in logic apps to capture event data .