SOLVED

How to join domain in Azure

Iron Contributor

Hello

current we have two server web and database running in on-premier and join domain in local .Now we want migrate it to cloud but we haven't create VPN and express route connect to azure .We can create VM and create Azure Active Directory Domain Services and join domain to Azure Active Directory Domain Services ? if can join then how about group policy ?

Best Regards,

Thanks

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Tien Ngo Thanh (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@Tien Ngo Thanh You may want to look at using the Azure Active Directory Domain Service resource from Azure. You can read more about it at https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/services/active-directory-ds/

Hi, good evening.
Well, we have some cenários here.

1- Move just the servers to Azure:
IF you need to move the web and database server to cloud and still need the local group policies applied to them, then you can just migrate the servers for a Iaas Solution (Azure VM'S) and use VPN gateway to connect this servers with your on premisses.

Second- Move AD and servers to Azure.

Use Azure active directory domain services and migrate the servers to the Azure Iaas Solution (VM) them connect this VM'S in the Azure Active Directory Domain Services. But I'm not sure if you can

Hi.

Azure active directory domain services, allows you to have the benefits of AD on the cloud without to deploy domain controllers, using it makes possible to join in the domain and applie group policies too.
It's simple you just need to migrate the servers to Azure VM and then deploy Azure Active Directory Domain Services.

Hope it helps you.
If you can, reply with the doubts.

Good luck!

Thanks for all support , I just created and test Azure active directory domain services  , all ok and as my required 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Tien Ngo Thanh (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@Tien Ngo Thanh You may want to look at using the Azure Active Directory Domain Service resource from Azure. You can read more about it at https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/services/active-directory-ds/

View solution in original post