How can I remotely lock my device with win10 wines

Copper Contributor

I would like to know how I can block the device in case the employee releases and does not return the device. In intune, I can only do it on phones and tablets

4 Replies

@zdzini0 

Remotely lock a lost or stolen device from the Company Portal website. If supported on your device, this setting locks your device's screen, no matter where the device is. A person must enter the correct passcode before the device can be unlocked and used again.

The remote lock setting works for:

• Android
  • iOS
  • macOS
  • Windows 10
  • Windows 10 Mobile (if the device already had a passcode set)
  • Windows Phone 8.1 (if the device already had a passcode set)
  1. On the Company Portal website, select the Menu button > Devices.

2. Select the device you want to lock.

A screenshot of the Devices page, with 2 tiles that show unidentified, generically named devices. A gray banner sits directly below the devices and prompts user to identify the device they are using or add a new one.

3. Select Remote lock. If the lock option isn't visible at the top of your page, select More (…) > Remote lock.

Device details page for a selected device on the Company Portal website, with a list of links at the top showing Rename, Remove, Reset Device, Reset Passcode, and Remote Lock.

Zoomed in view of the More icon, highlighted with a red arrow.

4. A message appears to warn you that you are about to lock your device. Tap Remote lock to confirm.

After the confirmation, the Company Portal attempts to lock your device. A “Remote lock pending” message appears during this time. When your device is locked, the status appears as “Remote lock successful.”

The Remote Lock status displays in three places:

• The notifications area of the website.
  • The Details page for the device.
  • The tile that shows the device name on the Devices section of the page.

Note

If you see a notification that the remote lock failed, wait a few minutes. Then try to lock your device again. The status will change back to “Remote lock pending." If the retry doesn't work, contact your company support for help.

If you find your device and want to unlock it after using Remote Lock, just enter your passcode.

Still need help? Contact your company support. For contact information, check the Company Portal website.

@zdzini0 wrote:

I would like to know how I can block the device in case the employee releases and does not return the device. In intune, I can only do it on phones and tablets

For some reason i cannot lock my Win devices that i am managing through Azure. My IOS devices i can remote lock but dont know what i havent enabled @prashantchirde 

@amurphy315 

Are you using Microsoft Intune to manage your company device?
If yes so please confirm have you followed the above-given steps to lock the device?

Yes I am using Azure and my computers have been joined to Microsoft Enpoint. I use Endpoing Admin Ctr to access the devices i have added. Now i can auto lock my IOS devices for some reason I cant lock out WIndows devices @prashantchirde