Getting Started with the Video Indexer API

Community Manager

Earlier this month at BUILD 2017, we announced the public preview of Video Indexer as part of Microsoft Cognitive Services. Video Indexer enables customers with digital and audio content to automatically extract metadata and use it to build intelligent innovative applications. You can quickly sign up for Video Indexer and try the service out for free during our preview period.

On top of using the portal, developers can easily build custom apps using the Video Indexer API. In this blog, I will walk you through an example of using the Video Indexer API to do a search on a keyword, phrase, or detected person’s name across all public videos in your account as well as sample videos and then to get the deep insights from one of the videos in the search results.

VideoIndexer.png

Read about it on the Azure blog.

1 Reply

Hello I have followed the Video Indexer capabilities really closely and have had a good look at this now. This is really impressive in comparison with the Google capabilities I have seen at a recent event. Now that I have hands on expereince could you advise whether there is likely to be any integration with Stream?  We use Office 365 video a great deal internally and having this type of ability alongside Stream would be really useful.