Cannot register the mobility agent with the replication appliance - Migrate physical server to Azure

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone,

I am trying to migrate a physical machine to Azure using Azure Migrate by following this doc: 

Migrate machines as physical server to Azure with Azure Migrate. - Azure Migrate | Microsoft Docs

I am doing the Install the Mobility service step. Specifically, I am at Register the agent with the replication appliance step when I am installing the mobility agent on my machine using Windows.

I run the command : 

UnifiedAgentConfigurator.exe /CSEndPoint <replication appliance IP address> /PassphraseFilePath <Passphrase File Path>

I got the result: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Azure Site Recovery Provider>UnifiedAgentConfigurator.exe /CSEndPoint 10.0.0.143 /PassphraseFilePath C:\key\connection.passphrase
Starting silent configuration.
Running configuration for VmWare
Starting registration for VmWare platform
CS endpoint for registration - 10.0.0.143
Passphrase file for registration - C:\key\connection.passphrase (or C:\key\passphrase.txt)
Preparing for registration
Invalid configuration server IP or connection passphrase provided.

My server IP address and my passphrase are correct but I cannot finish my registration. Either I put the passphrase on a txt file or passphrase file, it was still wrong. Please help me solve this problem if you know it.

Thanks and best regards,

Alex

3 Replies
Moving passphrase file to agent install directory resolved the problem for me.
E.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Azure Site Recovery\agent\pass.txt"