Backup Azure Services

Copper Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I want to have a copy of all Services I have created, and delete them after having a copy. I don't know if I can do a backup for services only and restor them when I need them. 
I also want to have a backup for all pipelines in ADF.

is impossible to do that , and how?

BR,

Mohammed

5 Replies

@mmoayed 

Hi 

i would suggest to simply use  Infra as code so you can create and destroy declarative templates  on demand . It can be ARM or Terraform or Pulumi ... 

However i think you can start creating a table like the one below 

Service Native Backup Third Party Solution Template ReadinessMethod

ADF Flow No Not neededYes 

Save As Template 

(Arm Templates)

@ibnmbodji 

Thank you for replying.

Well, I did not get you. I have created many Services and they are charged on daily basis and I want to delete them, but before that, I want to have a copy of these services and when I need them I can gain import them.
For example Event Hubs, Stream analytics...etc.

I find that I can do export Template, but I did not where to import template to test and see if they will get back as I create after I delete them.

mmoayed_0-1610538932860.png

@mmoayed 

Hi 

I mean when you export the template you are exporting the declaration file of the resource . 

So whenever you deploy with this declaration you will get exactly what you want . 

You can use the following tutorial to start with arm + powershell you can do it also with azure cli  :  

Deploy resources with PowerShell and template - Azure Resource Manager | Microsoft Docs

Deploy resources with Azure CLI and template - Azure Resource Manager | Microsoft Docs

Also you can deploy it directely from the portal (feature still in preview )

Deploy custom templates from the preview portal | Mises à jour Azure | Microsoft Azure

@ibnmbodji 

Thank you. I tried it and the idea is working well.

@mmoayed 

Awsome ! Feel free to mark as answer  if it is ok for you . Thanks