Azure site recovery- replication policy for offline initial replication

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have 2 sites each site has one SCVMM configured to do Azure Site Recovery. ASR is configured to replicate the VM form one site to another.

Here is the issue, my VM size is big and i want to do the initial replication offline instead of over the Network.

And it just not allowing me to save the policy,  saying permission issues

can anyone help me to find, what could be going wrong here ??

ERROR MESSAGE

Permissions couldn't be set for one or more hosts on the initial replication folder path. Provider error code: 31218

Provider error message: The VMM service couldn't provide permissions for cs\nimblenter image description hereecs1$ on \nimblecs1\f$. Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.. During cloud configuration, the VMM service provides permissions for Hyper-V service accounts on the import and export paths used for initial replication. Provider error possible causes: The VMM service doesn't have the required privileges to modify the permissions on the import and export paths. Provider error recommended action: Ensure that the VMM service account has the required privileges to perform this operation.

POSSIBLE CAUSES

Verify that the initial replication path exists and is accessible.

1 Reply

@rahul raghavan 

When I used regular file sharing instead of hidden file sharing, it worked well.