Azure Keyvault and bastion integration

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I  connect to  my jump server via bastion, and uses KV to retrieve local administrator password of the jumpseever , then from my jumpserver  launch RDP session onto my servers . However after setting up private endpoint , bastion is not able to retrieve the jumpserver password .

i confirmed my servers can access KV over the private link and resolves to internal KV private link address .

Does Azure bastion support  private link? or perhaps managed identity issue and  creating one  bastion to allow allow access to KV would resolve the issue? if so not sure how to create 

Error message from bastion >>>"unable to list key"  and perhaps identity permissions to KV  is the issue?  

Any ideas?

thanks

5 Replies

Hello there is no private link resource for Azure Bastion
You can check the full list here : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/private-link/private-endpoint-overview.

However, as Igor suggest you can try to link (virtual network link) the key vault private DNS zone to your bastion virtual network.

@DarrenRD have you linked the bastion vnet with the KV private dns zone, this was the issue in my case and linking it resolved the problem 

@IgorOrmus Hi, I have the same issue even after linking Key vault DNS Zone to vnet where Azure Bastion is hosted. Do we have any other solution?

@DarrenRD 

Seems the Private DNS that you need to look into

Same issue for me.