SOLVED

Azure Functions App - Client Secret

Copper Contributor

Hi there

We have an app designed by a third party that we have been annually updating the client secret for. This entailed going to the app page, opening it's Functions and then reviewing it's code (specifically an exe.config file where we could apply the new secret - supplied via the PowerShell request process we've been following).

Since last year the app pages appear to have been changed heavily from a user perspective. Obviously our interaction with this app is very light touch. However, I have been able to locate the code / test area and the drop down that provides the files to select.

Unfortunately this now give me an error saying "Failed to fetch the file content" - there is no reference to this error message online. Without access, I'm concerned the secret will expire and our app will stop running. Any help, massively appreciated. 

thomUoC_0-1591191311982.png

1 Reply
best response confirmed by thomUoC (Copper Contributor)
Solution

So despite using numerous accounts to see if this made a difference, I noticed that there was a Having issues?... link on the app Overview page Clicking this reverts the experience back to what we've been accustomed to and I can now access the file. My concern is that this doesn't necessarily fix this issue as the 'Classic' view is likely to be removed at some point, as per other MS experience updates. Hopefully they will iron out the bugs before that happens.

Capture.PNG

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by thomUoC (Copper Contributor)
Solution

So despite using numerous accounts to see if this made a difference, I noticed that there was a Having issues?... link on the app Overview page Clicking this reverts the experience back to what we've been accustomed to and I can now access the file. My concern is that this doesn't necessarily fix this issue as the 'Classic' view is likely to be removed at some point, as per other MS experience updates. Hopefully they will iron out the bugs before that happens.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post