SOLVED

Azure DevOps - Sprint Taskboard Showing Additional (unusable) Statuses/Columns

Copper Contributor

Hi,

We've noticed that for one of our Azure DevOps Project, the Sprint Taskboard is showing two (2) additional Statuses/Columns but they are unusable (e.g. unable to drag Task cards into those columns).  I've confirmed that each of the Team Configurations are set with "Bugs are managed with requirements" therefore I'm not sure why the extra statuses/columns are displayed.  Does anyone know how to remove these columns?

Thanks,

Thaddee

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Thaddee Bourque (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

I have resolved my own issue.  It was due to a disabled Work Item Type associated to the Iteration Backlog under the process' Backlog Level configuration.  Even though the Work Item Type was disabled, it's statuses were still showing up in the Sprint Taskboard.  Once I removed it from the Iteration Backlog, the extra columns were gone.

Thanks,

Thaddee

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Thaddee Bourque (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

I have resolved my own issue.  It was due to a disabled Work Item Type associated to the Iteration Backlog under the process' Backlog Level configuration.  Even though the Work Item Type was disabled, it's statuses were still showing up in the Sprint Taskboard.  Once I removed it from the Iteration Backlog, the extra columns were gone.

Thanks,

Thaddee

View solution in original post