AZURE adding node to cluster in another subnet

Copper Contributor

I have a 3 node cluster Windows 2012 Datacenter server. 2 systems (NODE1 and NODE2) in one datacenter and another server (NODE3) in a different data center. I had to take NODE3 out of the cluster that is in the data center separate from the other two servers. I am trying to add the NODE3 back in but it will not add back into the cluster. Checked all ports through the gateway and all rules are set correctly. Gives an "Add Cluster Nodes failed: "Unable to successfully cleanup" message when I try to add Node3.

Built a new server in the same data center as NODE1 and 2 and was able to add it to the cluster. Built a new system in the second data center and will not add to the cluster.

Here is one of the Windows Log messages: Cluster node 'CEC-HSB-SQL3C' was removed from the active failover cluster membership. The Cluster service on this node may have stopped. This could also be due to the node having lost communication with other active nodes in the failover cluster. Run the Validate a Configuration wizard to check your network configuration. If the condition persists, check for hardware or software errors related to the network adapters on this node. Also check for failures in any other network components to which the node is connected such as hubs, switches, or bridges.

0 Replies