Azure AD - Guest users & My Apps

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Wondering if someone can help me with what I suspect might be an easy question.

Use case: We use Azure AD for Identity.  We need to grant access to partners to resources such as SharePoint, Dynamics 365 (Model Driven App) and Dynamics CRM.  We have no problems in granting access as such, but when my new guest users accept an invitation they are directed to MyApps, which shows no applications.

Questions:

1. How do I add applications to the portal so that guests "see" our Sharepoint Online site, and Dynamics 365 CRM when they initially "hit" the MyApps portal.

2. We have a Dynamics 365 CE Model Driven App.  How do I achieve "1" for it?

3. How can I direct guest users to My Apps, so that they land on our "My Apps" page (i.e. the one that belongs to their guest account) rather than their home tenant "My Apps".

A relatively small but important issue for us.  I'm an ex-CIO now operating as a one person IT dept for a small non-profit...man, have I learned a lot about nuts and bolts lately :)

cheers,

Steve.

8 Replies
Did you find a solution? It is also our problem

I'm also looking for an answer to this, did you find anything? @StephanGee 

Any luck? I am also stuck looking for an answer.

@SteveW61 

Can share any B2B or B2C in place?

To make applications available to users in the My Apps portal, you need to set the application to be visible in its properties and assign the application to the user or group. You can search for an application by entering its name in the search box at the top of the My Apps portal. It can take several minutes for an application to appear in the My Apps portal after it has been added to the tenant in the Azure portal.

To achieve the same for Dynamics 365 CE Model Driven App, you need to set the application to be visible in its properties and assign the application to the user or group.

To direct guest users to My Apps, you can send them a direct link to the app you want to share. After the guest user has been added to the directory in Azure AD, an application owner can send the guest user a direct link to the app they want to share. The link URL also remains constant if the single sign-on configuration for the application changes.

Let me know how it goes!
We tried all the above thank you. We can't even get a basic application like Microsoft Teams to show up for a Guest User under the MyApps section. We can send a link directly to the app which is our workaround but then they must use that link every time when the goal is to just have the Teams apps show up under MyApps.

@MJZ1313  - were you able to find a solution here? 

No answer, sorry.