App Service error when deploying code 500.30

Copper Contributor

I have a test web app running on Azure and its been deployed as an App Service for months, until recently I was able to publish from Visual Studio to it no problem but it has recently started showing the 500.30 error after publishing (app failing to start). I've noticed if I create a brand new app service its fine, its only when I re-publish it fails (checked the publish settings numerous times and its the same as when i do a new publish that works).

To add to the issue yesterday after a new publish it went down after a few hours. I've reviewed the event logs for the app and I can see its initiating a shutdown (see error below - i changed commit / computer values since it might be specific to my account), but I am now a bit stuck on how to diagnose this or the possible causes.

<Event>
<System>
<Provider Name="IIS AspNetCore Module V2"/>
<EventID>1033</EventID>
<Level>4</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>Keywords</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2022-02-02T19:25:31Z"/>
<EventRecordID>18067687</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>BG5215685541</Computer>
<Security/>
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Application 'MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST/TESTAPP' has shutdown.</Data>
<Data>Process Id: 2172.</Data>
<Data>File Version: 15.0.21196.9. Description: IIS ASP.NET Core Module V2 Request Handler. Commit: c663adee8e64ba5d379fa0edfb8201984a7df7d0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Has anyone run in to this before and can they point in the right direction? The app is .Net Core 5 and is built in Visual Studio. When we republish we tick the box to delete the previous files as well which I see is a common fix for this issue.

0 Replies