Nov 22 2017
- last edited on
Jul 31 2018
We are currently trying to solve a problem with the Microsoft Azure Backup client we installed on two servers of a customer (within the same domain). We installed the latest version to date (v. 2.0.9099.0) but are unable to start the client after installation. We already tried many possible solutions but unfortenately without any luck. Here is a quick sum-up of the tried paths;
- Remove and re-install the client (with reboot)
- Dit a repair installation of the .NET framework 4.5.2 (with reboot)
- Checked if the .NET framework 3.5 SP1 & 4.5.2 are valid with netfx_setupverifier_new from the MS website. (which is the case)
- Changed registry keys to force strong cryptography - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4022913/how-to-resolve-azure-backup-agent-issues-when-disab... (and rebooted just to be sure)
- Tried to force the Azure service to start manually through services.msc
- Tried to change the user where the service is stared with
- Ran Azure client installer and application in administrator mode
The servers are both Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard (x64) with al the latest patches and hotfixes installed.
This is a snippet of the error log of the Azure client located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Agent\Temp folder:
608 71 CBEngineServiceHost.cs(326) NORMAL Initializing OnStartAsync 13D8 1858 11/17 10:25:00.618 71 CBEngineServiceHost.cs(334) NORMAL Value of SecurityProtocol is Tls, Tls11, Tls12 13D8 1858 11/17 10:25:00.618 71 CBEngineServiceHost.cs(363) NORMAL After enabling TLS1.2, Value of SecurityProtocol is Tls, Tls11, Tls12 13D8 1858 11/17 10:25:00.619 71 service.cpp(440) [000007FEEA125B18] NORMAL Found 1 writer account(s) under VSS access control. 13D8 1858 11/17 10:25:00.621 71 service.cpp(502) [000007FEEA125B18] NORMAL Added writer account  'NT Authority\NetworkService' to the DACL. 13D8 1858 11/17 10:25:00.624 71 service.cpp(539) [000007FEEA125B18] WARNING Failed: Hr: = [0x80010119] : Encountered Failure: : lVal : InitializeSecurity() 13D8 1858 11/17 10:25:00.625 71 servicemodulehelper.cpp(21) WARNING Failed: Hr: = [0x80010119] : Encountered Failure: : lVal : m_serviceModule.InitializeLocal() 13D8 059C 11/17 10:25:05.545 71 CBEngineServiceHost.cs(129) WARNING Unable to start CBEngine service, Reason = FailedToStart, Stopping CBEngine service 13D8 0AA0 11/17 10:25:05.567 71 service.cpp(727) NORMAL CServiceModule::ShutdownInternal - Starting shutdown. 13D8 0AA0 11/17 10:25:05.567 71 service.cpp(175) NORMAL Set the idle engine timer to shutdown immediately 13D8 0AA0 11/17 10:25:05.567 71 service.cpp(186) NORMAL Hr: = [0x80070006] Setting the idle engine timer was unsuccessful 13D8 0AA0 11/17 10:25:05.567 71 service.cpp(767) NORMAL Deregistered CBEngine COM server successfully 13D8 0AA0 11/17 10:25:05.614 22 watsonintegration.cpp(74) NORMAL Inside Watson Handler 13D8 0AA0 11/17 10:25:05.614 22 watsonintegration.cpp(117) CRITICAL Raising Watson for process 16E8 16F4 11/19 13:26:51.601 69 FMBase.cs(115) NORMAL FM library tracing initialized
Does anyone have any idea what we are missing here? Thanks in advance for your reply!