WVD - Teams Camera stopped redirecting

Copper Contributor

We have been chugging along for 4 to 5 months and Teams has been working adequately.  All of the Sudden all of our WVD environments the cameras stopped redirecting.

Nothing has changed.. 

-Hostpool RDP advanced settings still set:  audiocapturemode:i:1;camerastoredirect:s:*;devicestoredirect:s:*

-Privacy settings correct. (Well Teams does not show under Desktop Apps but not certain it ever did)

-For grins updated Teams and Windows updates

Could be a version of MS Remote Desktop that has been updated pretty regularly.?

24 Replies

@mscott003 

How are you doing with all of this mess?

@ITSensei 

I've seen similar behavior with new installs - it'll work fine for a short period and then Teams seems to auto-update and it breaks... 

I've also found that sometimes running Teams as admin allows it work, sometimes it doesn't - sometimes running as admin and then running normally gets it to work... keep in mind this requires users to be local admins or have admin creds, and that's not a recommended configuration for WVD... 

Interestingly, I've had 0% success getting the camera to work on one of our GPU-enabled NVv4 WVD instances - no matter what I do on there the camera will not work with Teams - just like our otherw WVD pool, all other apps work just fine with the camera.

@lswaidz 

If you are using Teams installed as "per device" and Media Optimization mode, auto-updates are disabled and require manual intervention when performing updates which is a real kicker and will add to the non-automated maintenance tasks.

Not sure if you all have seen this as well, but as of this week camera redirection *SEEMS* to be working. I've bounced around our host pools and it seems like everything is consistently working... even on one of our NV4as pools where it NEVER worked, it's working now. Haven't seen any Teams updates since 2/11 - version 1.4.00.2879 - and of course there's zero release notes on anything with Teams... but something definitely seems to have been fixed. Hope it's doing the same for everyone else affected, and hopefully Microsoft releases some info on this so we know what the problem was and what the fix was... just in case a new version magically reverts whatever the "fix" was.
Very interesting and thank you for sharing! I’ve been off work for the last week but will be eager to check this out first thing tomorrow!