SOLVED

WVD Session hosts Public IP

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

We currently have a Host pool setup with 2 session hosts. One of the installed applications logs into a 3rd party service and it is setup to only allow access from specified IP addresses.

We therefore need to add the Public facing IPs of our session hosts. How would we go about finding this out and ensuring they are statically set?

5 Replies
best response confirmed by Eva Seydl (Microsoft)
Solution

@Dazzalc In scenarios like yours, we recommend to create Azure Load Balancer with a static IP and configure it for outbound connections like described in scenario 3 here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/load-balancer/load-balancer-outbound-connections

@fdwlIt looks like this is actually scenario 2. I tested you recommendation using a Public Standard Load Balancer (with a static public IP), an Outbound Rule, and the WVD pool session hosts in the load balancer backend pool. Worked like a charm, although I had to reboot the session hosts after configuring as the WVD connection broker wasn't able to connect until after the reboot.

Thanks for the solution!

@camaris 

I would really appreciate to know what the rules you setup for outbound., if you could kindly outline what rules parameters u configured, I am just not able to make this work and have spent hrs of work on this please, really appreciate sir.

@stalibmunaver 

Just create a single outbound rule with the following settings:

Protocol: All

Port Allocation: "Use default number of outbound ports.

Then give you session hosts a reboot.

@Theunissens Thank you - I am gonna try that and update plz

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Eva Seydl (Microsoft)
Solution

@Dazzalc In scenarios like yours, we recommend to create Azure Load Balancer with a static IP and configure it for outbound connections like described in scenario 3 here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/load-balancer/load-balancer-outbound-connections

View solution in original post