WVD Client - Something went wrong - Solved

Brass Contributor



I've got one computer which gives the same unspecified error here when clicking subscribe, even with different userprofiles. It does not even ask for credentials. The computer is running a Windows 10 - 1803.


Does anyone have information as to where the registry for this client is or any other suggestions as to what this could be? Uninstalling/reinstallation of the client/creating new user profiles on the computer does not work.

7 Replies
best response confirmed by Eva Seydl (Microsoft)

Updating to 1809 solved the issue.

The best solution seems like a real drastic solution if updating the build is not an option.


Some users were experiencing this error and our organization managed to solve it by removing certain personal certificates in their account till we found which certificate was giving the "Something went wrong" message without a login screen...


This can be done using de certmgr.msc or exploring to %appdata%\Roaming\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\My\Certificates and deleting the certificate which is causing an issue...


Hope this might work for others who might have the exact same issue...



@SBK297 Appreciate the information. Any data on what certificate it was? I'd normally have thought it would be some AAD issue and either rebooting or clearing the cache might help.


Let us know if someone else is still hitting this.

@David Belanger 


After troubleshooting a handful of PC's, that were experiencing this issue, we've pinpointed the culprit to be this certificate:





@SBK297 Any chance you are still seeing this? If so, I might ask for more information to see if we can track the issue down.

we are still having this issue in our environment and the problem machines are running Windows 10 build 1803 which is recommended version. None of certs or steps worked out for others is working for our environment. Please advise.

@David Belanger A user is having this problem on a Windows 7 Home Premium machine. I understand Win 7 is approaching its EOL but wanted to report this, as I have been working on it for a while now. The user can log into the web client without a problem. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Eva Seydl (Microsoft)

Updating to 1809 solved the issue.

View solution in original post