Windows Virtual Desktop Preview how do I sign up with existing azure account

Copper Contributor

I am attempting to sign up for the windows virtual desktop preview. The sign up process is asking me to create a free azure account. I already have a azure account. How do I add a subscription for the preview to my existing account?

Thanks

4 Replies

@jturley  I would suggest working through the steps provided in the documentation.

If you follow it using your existing subscription you should find you can get it working.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/azure/virtual-desktop/tenant-setup-azure-active-directory

@James_Randall_1978 

I have but I am stuck at the step were I need a subscription id. I dont have one

@jturley  That's very odd, assuming you're able to create resources, VMs etc.  Then by clicking on any resource, say a virtual machine and then "properties" it should list the subscription ID those resources are assigned to.  Which one would presume would be the correct subsciption ID to use?

@James_Randall_1978Hi! Im in the process of setting up this too and Im also stuck at creating host pool. I have an Azure pay-as-you-go subsctiption and have created a tenant in PS using this guide. Now when attemptning the GUI part and I click on create I get a splash screen promting me to create a free Azure account?!? I DO have a subscription ID and used it to create my Virtual desktop tenant. I got through the PS part withour errors and have waited several Days between attemting to continue.

/Hasse