Windows Virtual Desktop error dscextension

Copper Contributor

Good morning team,

I'm creating a host pool for WVD but I'm receiving this error message, I've tried 3 times with the same error. The selected region is West Europe and I'm using Azure AD Domain Services (not on premise AD):

{ "id": "/subscriptions/7d9d0261-f4de-4feb-9e2d-68c45eab82af/resourceGroups/rg_wvd/providers/Microsoft.Resources/deployments/rds.wvd-provision-host-pool-20191128114056/operations/AFD387C05030BF22", "operationId": "AFD387C05030BF22", "properties": { "provisioningOperation": "Create", "provisioningState": "Failed", "timestamp": "2019-11-28T10:58:22.008355Z", "duration": "PT4M9.3368906S", "trackingId": "af56aea2-6ef3-4b31-a07a-f2b5158f6fab", "statusCode": "Conflict", "statusMessage": { "status": "Failed", "error": { "code": "ResourceDeploymentFailure", "message": "The resource operation completed with terminal provisioning state 'Failed'.", "details": [ { "code": "VMExtensionProvisioningError", "message": "VM has reported a failure when processing extension 'dscextension'. Error message: \"DSC Configuration 'FirstSessionHost' completed with error(s). Following are the first few: PowerShell DSC resource MSFT_ScriptResource failed to execute Set-TargetResource functionality with error message: One or more errors occurred. The SendConfigurationApply function did not succeed.\"\r\n\r\nMore information on troubleshooting is available at https://aka.ms/VMExtensionDSCWindowsTroubleshoot " } ] } }, "targetResource": { "id": "/subscriptions/7d9d0261-f4de-4feb-9e2d-68c45eab82af/resourceGroups/rg_wvd/providers/Microsoft.Compute/virtualMachines/eswvdingram-0/extensions/dscextension", "resourceType": "Microsoft.Compute/virtualMachines/extensions", "resourceName": "eswvdingram-0/dscextension" } }}

Joining to the domain is successful, someone knows what will be happening? :)

eswvdingram-0/dscextension
Microsoft.Compute/virtualMachines/extensions
Conflict

Microsoft.Compute/virtualMachines/extensions
OK

Microsoft.Resources/deployments
OK

Microsoft.Compute/availabilitySets
OK

Microsoft.Resources/deployments
OK
2 Replies

@Toni_Luque I am receiving the same error in EastUS2

Has anyone found a fix for this?

@Eric Spivey finally it worked. The problem was because some rights assigned to the user. And instead of using an admin user, you should use service principal. I've followed this guide and it worked:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-desktop/create-service-principal-role-powershell