Why my windows 7 cannot connect to WVD through Remote Desktop Client.

Copper Contributor

I found my windows Seven cannot connect to Windows Virtual Desktop through WVD Remote Desktop, which I downloaded from https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2068602.

But I can log in Windows Virtual Desktop through the Windows Desktop through the web client.

Should I change some settings of my PC?

10 Replies

@null null - Hello, and apologies for the delay.

Are you still having issues connecting to WVD resources from a Windows 7 device using the Remote Desktop Client? If so, could please send us along what version of the Remote Desktop client you're using to connect?

You can find the version by clicking on the ellipses icon (...) on the top right side of the client. A context menu should appear with one of the options reading "About". Clicking on about should open a panel reading:

"Microsoft Remote Desktop
Version ....."

Good morning @null null, are you having difficulty subscribing to the feed or is that successful and you are having issues when launching a resource?

What error are you receiving? A screenshot would be helpful.

Is it the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows 7?

Thank you,

David

@David Belanger 

are you having difficulty subscribing to the feed or is that successful and you are having issues when launching a resource?

⇒ My customer having difficulty subscribing to the feed, there has no reflection after he clicked "Apply".

What error are you receiving? A screenshot would be helpful.

⇒ There has no errors, I will ask my customer give me a screenshot later.

Is it the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows 7?

⇒ I checked with my customer, but he didn't reply to me yet.

Thanks so much.

@David Belanger 

64-bit version of Windows 7.

The sreenshot is as below:

My customer clicked the Subscribe on the main page but he couldn't went to the next log in page.

But he cloud do that through web client.  

Wvd.png

@null null Any chance you know what the message is saying? Also might be good to test the new version of the client that was released last week just to make sure. It's version 1.2.431.

@David Belanger  I checked and it's mean there have no update version.     My customer said he update the new version yesterday, but there have no chang. Should we check some settings of GPO or something else, because he can log in through web client normally.

Thanks

@null null Can you send a translation to the error message in the dialog?

@David Belanger  It is a message of there has no update program after my customer checked the updates. By the way, he updated the version to Version 1.2.535.19507, and now he can got the feed. But when he clicked the desktop application,  there has a error message of "We couldn't connect to hostpool. Retry the connection, if it keeps happening, please ask your admin or tech support for help."

Yes, there is no version WVD remote desktop can work on Windows 7, no matter x32 or x64...
from version1 to the latest ver. 1.2.3130.0.
Even Micrsoft document says it supports windows 7 https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/remote/remote-desktop-services/clients/windowsdeskto... ...
Microsoft pissed off all all