Where to control settings when closing the remote connection?

Brass Contributor

When a connection is open to the Remote Desktop via the web or Windows client, when you close/disconnect the window, does that cause things running in Windows to stop? Is there a way to leave everything running just the way it is so that closing the Window doesn't affect anything running within the session? 

4 Replies

@Jgq85Yes, there is a policy you can set for how long the session stays "alive" in a disconnected state before it's ended. I'm troubleshooting something else at the moment but you should be able to search for it. I'll try to find it and come back if I get a second. 

Hi Jgq85,

Please have a look at the following regedits: 

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services" /v RemoteAppLogoffTimeLimit /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services" /v fResetBroken /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services" /v MaxConnectionTime /t REG_DWORD /d 10800000 /f
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services" /v RemoteAppLogoffTimeLimit /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services" /v MaxDisconnectionTime /t REG_DWORD /d 5000 /f
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services" /v MaxIdleTime /t REG_DWORD /d 10800000 /f

link for reference.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-desktop/set-up-customize-master-image#software-prepar...

Please take note that the time set, could interrupt your end-users / they get disconnected if the time window is too small vs the working hours of your client.

Kind regards,

@Dolf 

Thanks very much for reply and info -- let me check it out. 

Regards

@Jgq85 i've found that limiting user to a single session and setting a "sign out disconnected users" in the group policy for remote desktop services is pretty important in our deployment -- especially with fslogix.