Version 1.2.3770 of the Windows Desktop client for AVD has been released to all users!

Microsoft

This morning we released an update of the Windows Desktop client (MSRDC) to all users.
Check out What’s New in this release and as always, appreciate any feedback.

19 Replies
On this version, I dont think shortpath for RDP is working. I know that this new version is supposed to say "websocket" for TCP and "Rdp shortpath" for UDP, but its constantly saying "websocket" on connections that were always using UDP in older versions.
I can tell its not working because in the latest version there is a lot less bandwidth available, and latency is higher. I've installed earlier versions and the performance returns.

Old version:

@Travis_78 - Hi 

I wanted to check, if possible, could you please share few activity id(s) so that we could into the issue. Thank you.

Sure. send me a PM and I will work with you on it.

@Kathryn_Jakubek It's still not very good.

1. It doesn't save (the very few) preferences. I have four monitors. Despite regularly selecting three in the advanced preferences, it always defaults back to all four, or sometimes two random monitors.

2. One can't save difference profiles into a settings file like the old version - eg. sometimes I might want only one monitor, or low bandwidth. One used to be able to save a desktop file and just connect using that profile.

What are the resolution time frames for the above? Why was the application released with so many regressions and loss of features?

@Travis_78 and @Rinku_Dalwani - I am seeing the same issue with RDP Shortpath not working in this version. I have rolled users back to the previous version and it is working as expected again. Can either of you confirm that this issue has been acknowledged by Microsoft and that a fix is coming? Hopefully, in the next release. Thanks!

@applewatch Hello.  Can you confirm whether you are using the Remote Desktop Connection client that came with Windows or if you are using the AVD Windows Remote Desktop client? Thank you.

@Roger1175 I can't confirm that they acknowledge the issue, but they are working with me. I started a trace with them so I'm sure they will soon. Rolling back works for me as well. 

@Roger1175 - We are troubleshooting and will update as soon as we have an update.

Thank you @Rinku_Dalwani and I just want to confirm that I'm still seeing this issue on the new insider build 1.2.3916 that was released today.

Update: I take that back. It may actually be fixed with this insider version. Need further testing but so far so good.

Thanks for confirming this @Roger1175. We added a fix through it. And we hope your experience gets better.
Sorry @Rinku_Dalwani, I dont see the fix. I've installed the insider version, and I get knocked back to websocket, and higher latency and less bandwidth available.
Once I install 1.2.3770, the speed returns. On the same machine.
I'm seeing it work intermittently when using 1.2.3916. When it connects using websocket, I will disconnect and sometimes it will connect with UDP on the next try and other times I will try multiple times and get websocket each time. It usually then works if I wait a little while and try again. Hopefully, further improvements can be made so that it works every time.
@Roger1175 and @Travis_78 - We have identified the issue and fix will roll out soon. Will keep you posted on updates.
Sounds good. I didnt see your fix in the release notes. Why wont they give you some credit? :)

@Kathryn_Jakubek 

still broken in version 1.2.4065

It will intermittently work

@clarkry650 - The fix is applied in validation pool. If possible, please try it out and let me know if you have any feedback. Thanks

@Rinku_Dalwani 

Thank you! That worked. It appears to be much more consistent. For anyone with similar issues, you have to restart your session host after toggling on the validation pool setting. What is interesting is last week it was intermittent. Just yesterday, this appeared to completely stop working?