Version 1.2.3495 of the Windows Desktop client for AVD has been released to all users!

Microsoft

Today we released an update of the Windows Desktop client (MSRDC) to all users.
Check out What’s New in this release and as always, appreciate any feedback.

6 Replies

My WVDP is stuck on "Configuring remote session" since yesterdays update. I eevn asked my admin to restart the virtual desktop, which did not solve the issue. Could it be related to this update?

@Pieter_Theuns same issue here, already requested support from MS through CSP partner, waiting for response

Update: seems that it's really related to the new client, web browser sessions are without any issues

Exact same issue here.
HTML and mobile clients are ok. Also windows app store client works fine.
Version 1.2.3495 of the Windows Desktop client for AVD is stuck on "Configuring remote session" and disconnects other users on the same AVD VM. It is not related to one VM, all VM's in host pool experience the same issue.
When we downgrade to version 1.2.2606 all is stable again.
Hi @Pieter_Theuns,
Thank you for notifying us of this issue. Can you provide activityIDs or anything we can use to track DiagActivity?

@Pieter_Theuns Finally resolved by MS Support. The issue was between a new client and "old" agent. Just disable "Scheduled Agent Updates" on Host pool in Azure Portal, which will enable new agent installation right after reboot.

This release caused extreme disruption to our customers yesterday and today when installed and took us quite some time to identify the root cause. Users with the update would get black screens when connecting and all other users on the multi-session Windows 10 host would get disconnected with the below even log recorded; Faulting application name: svchost.exe_TermService, version: 10.0.19041.1806, time stamp: 0x7dcad237 Faulting module name: RdpCoreCDV.dll, version: 10.0.25151.1003, time stamp: 0x793d6900 Extremely disappointing from MS as not issue was communicated in any health checks. A roll back update was then released just this morning (Version 1.2.3495)