Using Add-RdsAccount in a function

Brass Contributor

I want to use Add-RdsAccount in a function that's called by other scripts.  But for the life of me, I cannot make work.  The "Add-RdsAccount" call works and successfully authenticates, but *only* for the local scope.  I cannot get that authentication to persist within a script or globally.  Every single time I want to call a new function to perform some task with WVD, I have to call "Add-RdsAccount" directly from that function.

I've never had this problem before.  I can authenticate to Azure, for example, and have that authentication persist script-wide or globally.  There's something peculiar about Micorsoft.RDInfra.Powershell that doesn't allow "Add-RdsAccount" to persist outside a local scope.

Has anyone else come across this and found a solution?

1 Reply

@FortyMegabytes 

I was able to get the Add-RdsAccount command to work inside a class method (and the same should work inside a function) like this:

Class RdsClass {
        [void] RdsConnect ([string]$DeploymentUrl, [PSCredential]$AzureCredential) {
                Add-RdsAccount -DeploymentUrl $DeploymentUrl -Credential $AzureCredential

$Global:RdMgmtContext = (Get-Variable -Name RdMgmtContext).Value
                $Global:AdalContext = (Get-Variable -Name AdalContext).Value
        }
}

Then I am able to use:

[RdsClass]::New().RdsConnect($MyDeploymentUrl, $MyAzureCredentials)