Two tabs open when clicking links in Teams with Media Optimization enabled

Brass Contributor

When one of our users clicks a link in a teams chat, Two tabs open when clicking links in Teams with Media Optimization enabled.

Tried with different default browsers. both tabs open ok, but is very confusing for a user.

TeamsDoubleLink.PNG

Have found if we uninstall Remote Desktop WebRTC (turn off Media Optimize) the links open correctly to just one tab.

Having WebRTC installed also stops the embedded browser to work when trying to connect Manage Engine Service Desk plus app into Teams, halting our roll out. Likely related in some way.

Has anyone else had this issue and is there a fix available or coming?

Thanks

3 Replies

still struggling to find an answer for this one. anyone else experiencing in AVD want to rule out our environment?

For anyone who may come across this and has the same issue. I reached out to Microsoft AVD team who replicated the issue and advises they are working on a fix which will be applied to Teams in due course. They are hopefully December but cannot confirm.

@PaulStirling Glad I am not alone here. Please update if you hear anything. I will contact MS as well to see if they have any new updates. Thanks