Step by Step Guide to Setup a Virtual Desktop

Copper Contributor

I want to setup a Virtual Windows Desktop.  I have an Microsoft 365 Business and Azure account.  This is for a single user. I see some preview setup instructions but no production step-by-step instructions.  Is there a simple step-by-step by guide/tutorial or youtube video that covers this?

I'm also confuse on pricing.  I tried to use pricing calculator for a single user but it would only allow 100 users.

4 Replies

@mogulman52 : We have posted under more resources some useful links you can use. One is the Learning Path. Apart of that you can follow the tutorial section in our documentation: https://aka.ms/wvdgetstarted. 

The cost calculator is targeted for medium/large businesses. The service itself is not restricted to that minimum number.

@Eva SeydlThank you for reply.  I followed instructions and tried to create WVD.  I got a failure and I'm not sure what the issue.  I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion:

Failure1.pngFailure2.png

"Conflict", "statusMessage": { "status": "Failed", "error": { "code": "ResourceDeploymentFailure", "message": "The resource operation completed with terminal provisioning state 'Failed'.", "details": [ { "code": "VMExtensionProvisioningError", "message": "VM has reported a failure when processing extension 'joindomain'. Error message: \"Exception(s) occured while joining Domain 'goldsmithpllc.com'\"." } ] } },

@mogulman52 

I wrote a step by step guide to deploy Windows Virtual Desktop a while ago. Maybe it's of help to you.

https://roeleverink.nl/WVDandFSLogix/

@Eva Seydl How can a user get the pricing estimate for less than 100 users, for example, 50 users? 
A customer is insterested to know-

"When we are trying to prepare a Bill of material to the customer, WVD Solution for 50 users. but in Azure price calculator, the minimum user is giver 100 only. Please suggest to me how I can give a price to any customer who wants to deploy a Windows Virtual Desktop Service for less than 100 users."