SOLVED

Spring Update: Creating Host Pool with a VM - Portal UI Bug?

Brass Contributor

Not sure if I am doing something wrong or this needs some fix.

It's a quite simple scenario, here we go - 

• Creating a brand new host pool (pooled type) using Azure portal UI.
  • While creating the host pool, creating single VM (Standard B2ms) in it that is based on an custom Win10 Enterprise multi-session image provisioned in the shared image gallery.
  • Also selecting to create a new workspace so that default desktop app group can be associated to it. 
  • Deployment succeeds, can see that the VM gets provisioned and joined to correct domain. Also, can RDP into it from one of the domain joined jump box and appears fine. (can see wvd agent and agent boot-loader installed on it by default)
  • Can also see the Host pool provisioned along with the default desktop app group. The workspace is also provisioned and shows default desktop app group associated to it. 
  • But when I see the host pool - I expect that the VM should appear in the Session Hosts but it doesn't show up there. (Refer screenshot attached)

Can someone confirm if there is something wrong with deployment steps or could it be a potential bug or an expected behavior (that will be surprising).

FYI - all my deployments are in the Southeast Asia region and metadata is being stored in West US region. 

1 Reply
best response confirmed by bhushangawale (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@bhushangawale all right, seems I have found the issue. It was because of the fact that the image itself was containing the wvd agent and agent boot-loader installed on it and hence. Had to re-create the image without these agents and issue was resolved. a big thanks to Dean Cefola for the tip! 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by bhushangawale (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@bhushangawale all right, seems I have found the issue. It was because of the fact that the image itself was containing the wvd agent and agent boot-loader installed on it and hence. Had to re-create the image without these agents and issue was resolved. a big thanks to Dean Cefola for the tip! 

View solution in original post