Spring 2020 Update - Registration Keys in Host pools

Copper Contributor

Another issue to the list. If trying to add a session host to the host pool, it throws a warning saying there are no registration keys. If you then try to create one, it says it succeeded but the key is never there and there is no way to add more session hosts to the host pool. I cannot understand why a registration key is not created when the host pool is provisioned, what would avoid this issue.

CR

2 Replies

Hi @Cláudio Rodrigues,

I´ve experienced the same! As a work around here is my tip for you to not be blocked:

1. Log into your Azure tenant via Admin credentials
Connect-AzAccount

2. Create the Registration Info and set expiration to 2 hours (you can adapt this to your needs also)

New-AzWvdRegistrationInfo -ResourceGroupName %RGyourHostPool% -HostPoolName %HostPoolName% -ExpirationTime $((get-date).ToUniversalTime().AddHours(2).ToString('yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss.fffffffZ'))}

3. Retreive the Registration Key

Get-AzWvdRegistrationInfo -ResourceGroupName %RGyourHostPool% -HostPoolName %HostPoolName%

This should unblock your issue!

Cheers,

Patrick

Hi @patrickkoehler and @Cláudio Rodrigues,

I also had the same message. 

One thing to add, the token's expiration date can be no less than an hour and no more than one month. If you try to set it for more than a month it will not create the token. Details here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-desktop/create-host-pools-powershell

Cheers!