SOLVED

RemoteApps causing "local display monitors exceed allowed by remote host"

Copper Contributor

Originally when I tried using Remote Apps everything worked as expected, however after about a day I now receive an error that local display monitors exceeds the limit allowed by the remote computer.

I tried maxing out the allowed monitors via GPO as well as registry with no change and I tried rebooting the VM with no success.

Has anyone had a similar issue and resolved it?

2 Replies

@mkilgore  were you able to resolve this? I have the same problem and want only one standard monitor.

best response confirmed by mkilgore (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@BNofBN Yes, I ended up solving this by first making sure that multi-monitor mode was enabled in AVD, then I went into my Group Policies and found one that was limiting things to one monitor, I modified that policy to only apply to the machines that needed it (thus skipping AVD host) solving the issue.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by mkilgore (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@BNofBN Yes, I ended up solving this by first making sure that multi-monitor mode was enabled in AVD, then I went into my Group Policies and found one that was limiting things to one monitor, I modified that policy to only apply to the machines that needed it (thus skipping AVD host) solving the issue.

View solution in original post