SOLVED

Outlook login issues with WVD - FSLogix

Copper Contributor

Having an issue where user of WVD Windows 10 Multi-session have issues moving between hosts. Essentially first login on a host is fine, when the user moves to a new host outlook eventually says "need password" however the modern authentication prompts are never presented to the user.

Anyone have any insight? Perhaps Something with AzureFiles / FSlogix?

Thanks in advance.

219 Replies

@Warent2454Have sent you a PM with the details.

-Mark

@Mark Lunn can you share the script to clean the user profiles? Thanks

@Mark Lunn 

Could you share your workaround for the profiles ?

@Mark Lunn 

I'd like to get a copy of the script used to clean out the tokens for existing profiles. I'd also be willing to help get the write-up out there. I know it's going to be corrected moving forward, but with the likes of Nerdio and NetApp "instant deploy" users out there... This would be immensely helpful to a large group of admins.

Appreciate all the hard leg work you've put on this. Very interested the process behind the script.

-Cheers

@Mark Lunn  - is there any way I could get a copy of the script to clear the token please? Really do not want to recreate profiles for 200 users!

Thanks in advance

Simon

Hi Simon, have sent a PM
Hi JSpecMugen,

PM has been sent
Could you PM it to me as well ? Thank you.

@Mark Lunn Can you send me the script to me as well? Thanks a lot.

I have to say that dsregcmd.exe /forcerecovery is a great workarround in the mean time.

@Mark Lunn can you provide me with the script too?

Or is there a blog or post somewhere for this script?

If I understand correct the command dsregcmd /forcerecovery will do the same but manually.

So running this command once per user would do the same as the script but manual?

regards,

@Berni81Have sent you a PM. I am currently trying to write to info into a blog

Have sent you a PM. I am currently trying to write to info into a blog

Thanks Mark!

Aditional Info: Microsoft finally helpded us and has published a solution:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/troubleshoot/activation/reset-office-365-proplus-activation-...

WPJCleanUp.cmd

It works! Without having to recreate FSLOFIX profile.

Hope it can helps someone else.

Regards!

Berni

Thank you Mark.

We use 2019 rdsh and fslogix with same problems with outlook.

We went for the route to enable sso and hybrid azure ad join.

From the two reg keys we needed to skip the second so only have the 

[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WorkplaceJoin​]
"BlockAADWorkplaceJoin"=dword:00000001

in place. Otherwise the machines won't go past pending state in aad.

Even with the current fslogix profiles people now are able to open outlook.

Time will tell if it's permenant. We did not yet enabled conditional access to bypass mfa.

@bing_badaboem,
Do you have found a solution for the problem? We also use RDS 2019 with FSLogix and two servers. Sometimes Outlook (and Teams) ask for a password. Solution is to log the user in to the other server.

I don't want to create new user profiles for all the users.

@Mark Lunn Do you have a script for me?
Don't do this. Unjoin the AzureAD Workplace with WPJCleanUp. And use a GPO to block the option "Let your organization manage this device"
THIS IS THE SOLUTION. Followed by WPJCleanup for every profile that is "Workplace Joined" (see dsregcmd /status) Sign out of Teams. Sign back into Teams. Sign back into Outlook.
No, for each profile, do a 'dsregcmd /status'. If it says "Workplace joined: Yes", run WPJCleanUp in the user's session. That'll quit the session from Azure AD. Then all you have to do is disconnect from Teams, and sign back into Teams and Outlook.
No no no no no. Use the GPO that blocks the option to let your organization manage your device, so the user profiles aren't incorrectly Azure AD Joined as physical computers. In each user profile run dsregcmd /status, and if it says "Workplace joined : Yes". Use the tool WPJCleanup to quit Azure AD for that user. Then just sign out of Teams, and sign back into Teams and Outlook.
WPJCleanUp is the method to clear the Workplace Join from existing profiles