SOLVED

No available resources

Copper Contributor

We have had WVD set up and working for a good bit now with no required interaction on our part. Yesterday, we started seeing with the thick client: "We couldn't connect because there are no available resources. Try again later or contact tech support for help if this keeps happening".  The web browser shows: "Oops, We couldn't connect to the "hostpool. we couldn't connect to the gateway because of an error. If this keeps happening, ask you admin or tech support for help". This only happens if we try to connect from outside our corporate network. From inside our corporate network it works fine. I assume that from inside it is connecting through our vpn tunnel to azure. Hostpool and users accounts seem fine. Any ideas where to start?

9 Replies
I just wanted to comment that I am having the same issue.. seems to work fine 100% of the time on my laptop from my house and on my mobile hotspot. But I tried to setup a new laptop on 8/14/19 at a remote office and am having all kinds of issues. Most of the time I get the exact same messages but it does connect every now and then from the remote office but maybe its when I am resuming an existing session that I had started elsewhere??

I have had the same issue since yesterday at 4pm. But one distinction. I can reboot the WVD Virtual machine and the first person who signs in is fine but only from the original location. After that they cannot take over the session from any other device. I saw two updates and rolled them back but saw on another post from tuesday that there was a specific patch that caused the issue and even uninstalling it did not help. They had to re-register the host pool.

@ParagonAdmin 

@iconicmlee that is about when ours started.

best response confirmed by richiewrt (Copper Contributor)
Solution

There is a really good thread that explains it. Looks like the issue is with the Rd Infrastructure client update. The workaround from one gentleman was a start stop task every minute for the service. Go to the root of wvd and find the topic. 

Thanks for the tips.. I didn't do anything but at least for the past 20-30 minutes everything has been working and I have been able to logon and off and on again over and over without any errors from the location I was having trouble with.

lol..spoke to soon just tried again and error is back. I will search for the thread you mentioned and hopefully can get this resolved today.

@richiewrt: It looks rather like a networking configuration issue. When where the outgoing traffic is blocked. Verify settings network configuration, firewall.... .

@Eva Seydl Wasn't a network issues. The workaround that @iconicmlee of restarting the RDAgentBootloader resolved it.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by richiewrt (Copper Contributor)
Solution

There is a really good thread that explains it. Looks like the issue is with the Rd Infrastructure client update. The workaround from one gentleman was a start stop task every minute for the service. Go to the root of wvd and find the topic. 

View solution in original post