Need help with WVD licensing

Brass Contributor

Hello, need some advice on getting the right licensing in place for the wvd environment that we are trying to provision for one of the customer, sharing the overview 

• Win 10 Enterprise Enterprise multi-session OS, customized it by installing required apps, generalized it and stored the image in the Azure image gallery. 
  • Session host VMs are created using the image as mentioned in above step. 
  • Azure AD Domain Service is used to cater to domain requirements of wvd. 
  • End customer accounts are provisioned in the Azure AD that are provided access to application groups of the host pool. 

Can anyone please confirm below in-order to get this to be called as 'compliant' from wvd's perspective?

• Since its the Win 10 Enterprise Multi-session marketplace image that is customized further and used to provision the session host virtual machines - I think there is nothing that is needed to be done in terms of getting this complaint for using in the production environment. 
  • How about the users that are provisioned in the Azure AD and have been granted access to application groups of the host pool? I think they will AT-LEAST need to have the Microsoft 365-F3 license assigned to them (reference here), is that correct?
  • If point above is correct - would customer need to purchase Microsoft 365-F3 license separately and then get it assigned to users using Azure AD? 

Thanks in advance. 

2 Replies

@bhushangawale: We have a pricing and licensing overview here: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/virtual-desktop/.

If you still have questions I recommend to contact sales. See top of the page for contact references.

@Eva Seydl thanks for the response, have already taken a look at the link you have shared, however that does not clearly mentions questions asked above. can someone confirm this "would customer need to purchase Microsoft 365-F3 license separately and then get it assigned to users using Azure AD? "