MSIX App Attach - process to replace MSIX with newer version of package

Copper Contributor

What is the correct process/procedure to use when we want to push a new version of an MSIX as a remote app, when the package has already been set up?  In other words, when we have a new version that we want to push out, we need to kick off any users on session hosts running the old version, then delete the old version, then upload the new one, then re-attach the new version as a remote app.

I've reviewed the various WVD powershell scripts (Az.DesktopVirtualization) and there are some cmdlets that help, but it seems like those cmdlets are missing some key functionality.  I can't figure out how to identify the sessions that are running a specific MSIX package.  Does that mean that we need to terminate all sessions on all hosts before de-staging, deleting, then uploading and re-staging the new version?  If so, we would need dedicated session host pools for each application we wish to convert to MSIX, but I can't imagine that Microsoft would have set things up in that way.  I must be missing something.

1 Reply
Nothing???? This info seems like it should be #1 in the FAQ for App Attach, but I can't find anything about how to do it!