FSLogix The user name or password is incorrect.

Copper Contributor

Hi everybody

I'm trying to use FSLogix with an storage account but it's not working.

I follow the documentation on Microsoft docs but still unable to use storage account files as a repository for FSLogix.

here is my environment:

username = user01

security group = AVDUsers (user01 is member of this group)

domain = domain.local

fileshare name = userprofiles

- I follow the instructions to enable ADDS Authentication for Azure Files
- I validate the configuration
      DomainName : domain.local
      NetBiosDomainName : domain.local
      ForestName : domain.local
      DomainGuid : 3228e9fd-ee57-49ee-bfa6-9c52a324e005
      DomainSid : S-1-5-21-2000478354-113007714-839522115
      AzureStorageSid : S-1-5-21-2000478354-113007714-839522115-21678
      SamAccountName : storageaccname
      AccountType : Computer

- Storage File Data SMB Share Contributor role was added to AVDUsers group in the fileshare

- AVDUsers was added to the SMB security using icacls

icacls z:
      z: BUILTIN\Administrators:(OI)(CI)(F)
      domain\AVDUsers:(OI)(CI)(F)

- On VM registry I added the following keys
      Enabled = 1
      VHDLocations = \\storageaccname.guaynabo.local\usersprofiles

- On the FSLogix log file, i can see an authentication error
[00:02:39.086][tid:00000d10.00000f1c][ERROR:0000052e] FindFile failed for path: \\storageaccname.guaynabo.local\usersprofiles\S-1-5-21-2000478354-113007714-839522115-16656_user01\Profile*.vhd (The user name or password is incorrect.)

I don't know what else to do.  This is simply not working.

Any idea?

6 Replies

Hi @JaviMora ,

it is possible that you File Share is not connected to AD. Can you share File share configuration?

I'm also having issues.

Last weeks I have done two new setups with AVD and ADDS joined FSLogix, all executed according to the docs. The first ADDS joined FSLogix is now working after multiple deployment tries, but I still can't quite place my finger on what went wrong.

Today I have done a new deployment following the same exact steps, and now I seem to be having trouble again. Perhaps some of my actions need some more processing on the Microsoft side.

I have decided to wait until tomorrow to try again. Perhaps in the meantime I will get some brilliant idea of what the cause could be in the
Usually when I run into this error with FSLogix, it's due to a Kerberos encryption mismatch: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/security-policy-settings/network.... You need to ensure the encryption aligns between your clients, SMB shares, and domain services.

@JaviMora 

Hi, did you find a solution?
i currently have the same issue but the solutions above did not work

@TimPHT did you get a solution to this, currently have the same issue

thanks

@Wazzzer_A In my case it was a networking issue preventing a domain join with terraform. The customer blocked port 9389 TCP which is used for Active Directory Web Services.