SOLVED

Fall Deployment VS Spring Deployment

Brass Contributor

I have been deploying WVD by using only Fall deployment model. I have doubts regards to Spring deployment. Let me summarize what I have in my mind.

Fall Deployment Steps:

Subscription with Quota enabled

Resource providers enabled

Global Administrators Account

AADDS

AAD

admin consent flow to the Windows Virtual Desktop server app

admin consent flow to the Windows Virtual Desktop client app

Assign the Tenant Creator application role

Once all these are done and ready we continue with the power shell commands execution as in the documentation. Then we go to portal and in the marketplace we opt for Windows Virtual Desktop - Provision a host pool. The next is deployment and this is pretty much straight forward and easy. Now I have confusion with the spring deployment, what will be the prerequisites? These are necessary (AAADS, Subscription, Global Administrators Account) but we don't need to create admin consent flow to the Windows Virtual Desktop server app? admin consent flow to the Windows Virtual Desktop client app? Assign the Tenant Creator application role?

can some one tell me the prerequisites for spring WVD deployment?

1 Reply
best response confirmed by gadmin285 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @gadmin285 

The Spring release is now part of the Azure Resource Manager so you don't need to provide consent anymore, as everything is built natively into Azure.  

You still need a subscription, Global Admin rights, AADS (or access to AD), Azure Active Directory but that's it.  The deployment is much simpler. Check out Christiaan's post here - https://www.christiaanbrinkhoff.com/2020/05/01/windows-virtual-desktop-technical-2020-spring-update-...

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by gadmin285 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @gadmin285 

The Spring release is now part of the Azure Resource Manager so you don't need to provide consent anymore, as everything is built natively into Azure.  

You still need a subscription, Global Admin rights, AADS (or access to AD), Azure Active Directory but that's it.  The deployment is much simpler. Check out Christiaan's post here - https://www.christiaanbrinkhoff.com/2020/05/01/windows-virtual-desktop-technical-2020-spring-update-...

View solution in original post