SOLVED

Error when connecting to MVD - 0x3000047

Copper Contributor

I have recently deployed WVD thanks to the current global crisis. It is working well for most of our users, apart from one. When she tries to connect to WVD via the web client, she gets this:

image003.jpg

When connecting via the Windows client, she gets this:

image.png

As far as I know, she is the only member of staff who gets this. She's using Windows 10 Home on a laptop, has tried multiple browsers and is using a DSL ISP (Sky in this instance).

I've tried running "Get-RdsDiagnosticActivities" but it comes back with "There were no activities found"

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ian

35 Replies

@Alex Ignatenko 

Same problem - created from an Image Gallery - used the same process with an shared Image Gallery using (1909 with 365) with no problems.

Just now trying to deploy  a WVD using MarketPlace image v2004 with 365 Gen1 - get the same error code

Has anybody got this to work correctly?

TIA

@AlexTBigAl I had something similar when I redeployed the 2004 VMs.

(I'm using the Windows-10-Enterprise-multi-session-with-Office-365-ProPlus-2004 GalleryImageSKU)

If you've redeployed them with the same hostname, make sure you de-registered the "old" ones from the host pool.

BogdanGrozozoiu_0-1591628248650.png

Do you see a recent heartbeat from the 2004 hosts in the hosts pool?

@BogdanGrozoiu 

Thanks for your response. These had been deployed with new hostnames and with a new hostpool.

I had tried from Gallery as well as custom Shared Image Gallery using the new April 2020 ARM WVD.

Using the same process I successfully deployed both Gallery Windows-10-Enterprise-multi-session, Version 1909 + Office-365-ProPlus , as well as a custom image

TIA

Same issue. just created a brand new AADDS. New Hostpool using custom win 10 2004 and office pro plus image. Cannot login.

Created another hostpool and chose gallery image win 10 1909 with office pro plus. No issues.

Must be related to win10 2004?
Apparently there is a bug.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-virtual-desktop/investigating-issue-with-windows-10-e...

You can fix it by running this registry add

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\WinStations\rdp-sxs]
"fReverseConnectMode"=dword:00000001

I did it by running the powershell command on the VM directly in Azure.

New-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\WinStations\rdp-sxs" -Name "fReverseConnectMode" -Value "1" -PropertyType "Dword"

After a reboot it works!

Regards
Jacob

@jjensen1818 

Thank you for this update,

I shall create a new VM (2004) and hostpool and add this reg key and give a try, and advise back.

Thanks again

Thank you @jjensen1818 ,

My custom W10 2004 image works fine now!

Same here, in all our environments the problems have been solved by ensuring the UPN added to the App Group associated with the Host Pool is the same with the UPN set (not available) to the user in the local Active Directory.
And of course make sure the user has the appropriate license.

@jjensen1818 

Thanks jjensen1818, this also worked for us.  We were using 2004 version and the exact same issue.  This fixed it.

@AndreadG same issue and I have used the Spring 2020 ARM. 

The funny thing is that with my account , global administrator, with MFA enabled I can login. Users in member of the group assigned to the Application Group in WVD they cannot enter.

other difference is that I have M365 E5 and they have M365 E3

I have the same issue and users are in local AD synced with Azure AD connect.

@jjensen1818   Bingo!  That is the bug I had and the registry key just fixed it!  I spent few hours on this. Thank you again!

I am facing the same issue as well.  This issue has a solution? @Norphus 

@Norphus 

Hi,
I was able to solve the problem by removing the virtual machine from the domain and adding it again after the reboot.

Hope this helps.

@jjensen1818 

Thanks for the tips.
This is really a bit of a mystery occurrence, however.
Tried various fixes suggested from Microsoft forums and from other sites, including this registry fixes that worked for a couple (on top of removing it from host pool, rejoin domain, uninstalled all RDAgents software, re-register with new token, etc.), but then it does not for a few others.

But then next day or so, things are ok again for all affected VMs without any other fixes added.

Would really love to know the root cause of this to better support the mass audience.