dscextension fails when trying to deploy more than 1 SessionHosts

Copper Contributor

I'm using a custom images (based on Windows 10 Enterprise 2004 from the Azure Image Gallery).

I started with Windows Virtual Desktop Spring edition.

When I setup a hostpool with 1 session host everything works fine but when I add more than 1 host I'll receive a dscextension error.

Same for adding session hosts to an existing hostpool.

I can add 1 session host at a time but as soon I add more than 1 I'll get the error.

Thanks

{"code":"DeploymentFailed","message":"At least one resource deployment operation failed. Please list deployment operations for details. Please see https://aka.ms/DeployOperations for usage details.","details":[{"code":"Conflict","message":"{\r\n \"status\": \"Failed\",\r\n \"error\": {\r\n \"code\": \"ResourceDeploymentFailure\",\r\n \"message\": \"The resource operation completed with terminal provisioning state 'Failed'.\",\r\n \"details\": [\r\n {\r\n \"code\": \"VMExtensionProvisioningError\",\r\n \"message\": \"VM has reported a failure when processing extension 'dscextension'. Error message: \\\"The DSC Extension received an incorrect input: An error occurred while executing script or module 'Configuration.ps1': The term 'C:\\\\Packages\\\\Plugins\\\\Microsoft.Powershell.DSC\\\\2.80.0.0\\\\bin\\\\..\\\\DSCWork\\\\Configuration.0\\\\Configuration.ps1' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again..\\r\\nPlease correct the input and retry executing the extension.\\\"\\r\\n\\r\\nMore information on troubleshooting is available at https://aka.ms/VMExtensionDSCWindowsTroubleshoot \"\r\n }\r\n ]\r\n }\r\n}"},{"code":"Conflict","message":"{\r\n \"status\": \"Failed\",\r\n \"error\": {\r\n \"code\": \"ResourceDeploymentFailure\",\r\n \"message\": \"The resource operation completed with terminal provisioning state 'Failed'.\",\r\n \"details\": [\r\n {\r\n \"code\": \"VMExtensionProvisioningError\",\r\n \"message\": \"VM has reported a failure when processing extension 'dscextension'. Error message: \\\"The DSC Extension received an incorrect input: An error occurred while executing script or module 'Configuration.ps1': The term 'C:\\\\Packages\\\\Plugins\\\\Microsoft.Powershell.DSC\\\\2.80.0.0\\\\bin\\\\..\\\\DSCWork\\\\Configuration.0\\\\Configuration.ps1' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again..\\r\\nPlease correct the input and retry executing the extension.\\\"\\r\\n\\r\\nMore information on troubleshooting is available at https://aka.ms/VMExtensionDSCWindowsTroubleshoot \"\r\n }\r\n ]\r\n }\r\n}"},{"code":"Conflict","message":"{\r\n \"status\": \"Failed\",\r\n \"error\": {\r\n \"code\": \"ResourceDeploymentFailure\",\r\n \"message\": \"The resource operation completed with terminal provisioning state 'Failed'.\",\r\n \"details\": [\r\n {\r\n \"code\": \"VMExtensionProvisioningError\",\r\n \"message\": \"VM has reported a failure when processing extension 'dscextension'. Error message: \\\"The DSC Extension received an incorrect input: An error occurred while executing script or module 'Configuration.ps1': The term 'C:\\\\Packages\\\\Plugins\\\\Microsoft.Powershell.DSC\\\\2.80.0.0\\\\bin\\\\..\\\\DSCWork\\\\Configuration.0\\\\Configuration.ps1' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again..\\r\\nPlease correct the input and retry executing the extension.\\\"\\r\\n\\r\\nMore information on troubleshooting is available at https://aka.ms/VMExtensionDSCWindowsTroubleshoot \"\r\n }\r\n ]\r\n }\r\n}"},{"code":"Conflict","message":"{\r\n \"status\": \"Failed\",\r\n \"error\": {\r\n \"code\": \"ResourceDeploymentFailure\",\r\n \"message\": \"The resource operation completed with terminal provisioning state 'Failed'.\",\r\n \"details\": [\r\n {\r\n \"code\": \"VMExtensionProvisioningError\",\r\n \"message\": \"VM has reported a failure when processing extension 'dscextension'. Error message: \\\"The DSC Extension received an incorrect input: An error occurred while executing script or module 'Configuration.ps1': The term 'C:\\\\Packages\\\\Plugins\\\\Microsoft.Powershell.DSC\\\\2.80.0.0\\\\bin\\\\..\\\\DSCWork\\\\Configuration.0\\\\Configuration.ps1' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again..\\r\\nPlease correct the input and retry executing the extension.\\\"\\r\\n\\r\\nMore information on troubleshooting is available at https://aka.ms/VMExtensionDSCWindowsTroubleshoot \"\r\n }\r\n ]\r\n }\r\n}"}]}

0 Replies