Deploy applications to WVD Host Pool

Copper Contributor

I'm looking for a way to deploy applications to the host pool virtual machines. I haven't had much luck finding a scalable way to do this. Do the applications have to be on the image I use already? Also, it looks like I could log into the VM and install an application manually? - I haven't been able to test this cause I have no idea what the local admin account is on the VM - I used the Windows 10 Enterprise multi-session prebuild image.

3 Replies

For local admin just had to add my account the to AAD DC Administrators group. But the question still stands on the best way to deploy applications to WVD VMs.

@DrewKling How do you manage applications in your existing environment?? Use a similar method in WVD to install the applications inside your master image.  

So say if you do manual install, just create a VM in Azure from the gallery, install your required applications into that master image and then use that master image to deploy your WVD Host pool with. 

@Neil McLoughlin thanks for the reply. I know that's possible but what about when a host pool is already created, how do I add applications to the current VMs. Is a manual install the only way?